Friday, April 5, 2013

Creative Goal Setting Template

Whether it is a creative goal or any other, we all need a plan to reach it and a group of people to help us get there or chances are we will not make it. Below is a template to create the winning plan that will help you reach your goal. You will likely find that you need to balance adapting the plan to situations and sticking to it no matter what.
_________________________________________________
Goal Setting Template
My Goal
(Ultimate ideal goal):
-
This is how I visualize success
(in it's tangible form, there may be a few outcomes that will meet the ultimate goal, how will I know I've reached my goal, what does it look and feel like):
-
I will achieve
(goals that I have full control over the outcome, goals that are reasonable and tangible, there may be just one goal or a few smaller goals that will reach the ultimate outcome. It's good to fill out a separate plan for each):
#1 -
#2 -
#3 -

Plan for Tangible Goal #1:
Description:
-
Deadline
(a reasonable amount of time, if you don't set a date it will not happen, though the date may need to be shifted):
-
I will take the following steps to reach this goal:
-
-
-
How I will fit my quest into my weekly/daily schedule:
-
-
-

My goal nemesis looks like
(what stands in the way of reaching your specific goal, it can be one thing or many):
-
I will defeat my nemesis by:
-
-
-
My support crew and how they will help me
My Coach
(a person who makes a pact to keep you accountable to your goals no mater what, cannot be the same as the other helpers and they need to be willing to seek you out as much as you seek them, it is important to make a commitment with them but only for a specific duration. preferably until the deadline of a goal. Then you can always make a new commitment):
-
How often will I check in with my Coach
(At least weekly or it won't help. Example: daily, every other day, weekly.):
-
What is my Coach responsible for
(example: calling every day, checking list of daily goals):
-
What am I responsible for
(example: meeting with my coach, listening to them, being honest, at the end of the day being responsible for reaching my own goal):
-

My Cheerleader(s)
(People who just support you no matter what, they need to seek you out and support you and you need to be comfortable being real with them):
-
How often will I meet with my supporters:
-
What are my supporters responsible for:
-
What am I responsible for:
-

My Quality Control Checker(s)
(people who can guide you on your path and know when you are on track, people who are farther along than you are or are professional):
-
How often will I meet with my checkers:
-
What are my checkers are responsible for:
-
What am I responsible for:
-
_________________________________________________
Created by Rozlynn Waltz with Inspirations from the Douglas Neff template.
Also here is his explanation handout: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment